1. The student membership shall come into force on the date upon which the sign up is submitted to WWF-India. Subject to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the membership shall be valid till the conclusion of the Echo summit in the following calendar year. For example, if the sign up is completed in July 2017, the membership will be valid till the Echo Summit in June 2018.
2. Type B Membership is subject to the payment of a onetime non refundable membership fee of Indian Rupees (INR) 200 to WWF-India. Membership fee of INR 200 shall cover WWF-India’s support for the duration of the membership period, various opportunities like bird walks, workshops, expert talks and movie screenings at subsidized or no cost for Echo members.
3. Echo membership cards issued under Membership B shall be issued to one member and shall not be transferable.
4. WWF-India reserves the right to terminate or suspend membership immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any breach of the Terms and Conditions or for any other reason whatsoever, at its sole option and discretion.
5. Membership does not entitle member students to use the WWF-India logo or brand name during conferences, exhibitions, events, publications, campaigns, rallies or any other academic or promotional activity whatsoever, unless due consent has been obtained from WWF-India in writing.
6. The opinion/s shared by members is that of their own views and WWF- India takes no responsibility or credit for the views shared by members. WWF-India cannot be held liable for member generated content.
7. Member colleges agree to indemnify WWF-India against any consequences resulting directly or indirectly from their involvement in Echo activities. In no event shall WWF - India, its office bearers, employees or partners be liable for any damages whatsoever directly or indirectly related to project activities under Echo.
The following points 8-13 pertain to the 4th phase of Echo, the Echo Project.
8. Members shall design and submit conservation project proposals for review to WWF-India. No project activity shall be undertaken unless approval is obtained from WWF-India.
9. Themes for the Echo projects will be allotted each year. The projects submitted must be aimed at furthering the cause of conservation and must be relevant under themes allotted for the year.
10. Members shall submit duly researched project proposals.
11. Proposals submitted must be original and a product of the society members’ work only.
12. Once the project is approved by WWF-India, the responsibility for effective and responsible implementation will lie solely with the member college.
13. WWF-India is not liable for any untoward incidents that may happen during the implementation of the projects. WWF-India shall not be liable for the insurance coverage or compensation to individual members/institution members, in case of injuries/death caused by accident or otherwise arising out of and in the course of working on ECHO projects.
Please ensure you have carefully read all of the above.